The foundation of the Catalan church
After about seven centuries since the last use of the area, a church of the Catalan-Aragonese the new rulers of Cagliari from 1326 was built. The naming to Saint Eulalia, patron of Barcelona, has been documented since 1332 while the religious building was noted from 1365. Its first installation, possibly corresponding to the centre aisle of the actual church, was with all probability a single room, like other churches of that era, such as the first church of Bonaria in Cagliari. It can be hypothesised that the arch structures visible in the base wall would be the remains of the foundation of the old building. In the XVI century the rebuilding of the three nave church with access from the West appeared.